Welcome to the blog post challenge.
Below is an example of a blog post written by Pie.
I’ve never ridden in a star ship to Mars
but I have raced down Farm Lane on my bike.
I’ve never seen the Northern Lights
but I have seen fireflies on the old railway track to Ninfield.
I’ve never danced with a superstar
but I have dodged raindrops on Strawberry Banks.
I’ve never run the 100 metres in the Olympics
but I have raced Tom and Ellie through Bluebell Woods.
I’ve never forged a horse’s shoe
but I have made a nest for a black kitten found in Pirrey’s barn.
I’ve never eaten caviar in a Russian palace
but I have tasted salted chips at night from Sharky’s.
I’ve never touched Parisian silk
but I have grazed a knee on the rocks at Hell Bay.
I’ve never stolen the Queen’s tiara
but I have taken fat, red raspberries from Sharpham Woods.
I’ve never seen a UFO over Warminster Hill
but I have seen constellations at night
like sequins on an Icelandic, velvet dress of darkness.
©Pie Corbett 2021
You can listen to Pie reading this using the player below.
Use the form below to write your poem and then submit it so it can be ready and commented on by a much wider audience.
- Always check your work before submitting;
- Type your work into a separate document and save it before using copy and paste to submit;
- Don’t use coloured text, it’s hard to read;
- Don’t use emojis and text speech;
- Don’t use the spacebar to move to the next line-use the return key;
- Always stick to the task, we won’t publish stories and poems not related to the instructions.
Season 4 - Create your blog post - 1:30pm Session
Please record your text by using the Padlet below. Here are some brief instructions on how you can use Padlet to capture your voice: