Welcome to the 100 Word Challenge!
Taking part is really simple.
- Watch the video (if you want to watch us launch the challenge live, then watch the livestream below at 10:45am BST). If you can’t watch it live, just click the play button any time after 11:00am BST on Monday.
- Draft your writing carefully.
- Fill in the form below the video (we recommend that you copy and paste your writing from your own word processor) and submit your writing.
- That’s it!
There are a few simple rules to abide by, and we won’t publish any work that contravenes these rules:
- Don’t use coloured text;
- Don’t use emojis and text speech;
- Don’t use the spacebar to move to the next line-use the return key;
- Always stick to the task, we won’t publish any writing not related to the instructions;
- TeachingLive will inform your school if you abuse our system.
Watch Week 7 (Live at 1045 BST Monday 19th June)
Note: if you are not watching live, click on the “Watch on YouTube” link in the black box below.
Pie’s Challenge: A Wikipedia entry for a new creature that you have discovered.
David’s Challenge: Explain why you have arrived at school dressed as a pirate or clown etc.
John’s Challenge: A 100 word story beginning with the words, “No! Not the fridge door!”
100 Word Challenge - Submit your writing
Use this form to submit your 100 words. IMPORTANT: Only submit your writing once. Once you have submitted your writing it may take a few days to appear on the site as we moderate every single piece of writing submitted.
Teachers: Register for 100 Word Challenge
Registering for the 100 Word Challenge offers several benefits:
- We will keep you in the loop with 100WC and TeachingLive news;
- You will receive a unique 100WC tag for school so that you can find your entries easily.
- You will be invited to take part with your class in free TeachingLive sessions at 9:30am exclusive to 100WC registered schools.