TeachingLive Grammar is a brand new program for spring term 2023 consisting of 10 sessions of grammar practice. We will be using our favourite online tools to encourage children to practice sentence writing live throughout the sessions while offering immediate feedback in the style that existing TeachingLive subscribers will be familiar with.
We will be covering the Year 5 and Year 6 curriculum over the ten sessions:
- Word classes – verbs (tenses) and adverbs; nouns and adjectives.
- Word classes – prepositions; determiners; nouns and pronouns including possessive pronouns; plurals and apostrophes.
- Phrases and clauses – noun phrases; prepositional phrases; modal and auxiliary verbs – verb phrases.
- Sentences – sentence types + punctuation; main and subordinate clauses; commas.
- Joins and Links – adverbials; conjunctions; relative clauses + relative pronouns.
- Sentences – subject / verb; agreement; tenses.
- Harder punctuation – colons; semicolons; ellipsis; parenthesis – brackets, dashes, commas; hyphens; bullet points.
- Cohesion – including fronted adverbials.
- Formal & informal – speech; audience and purpose.
- Active & passive – root words, suffixes and prefixes.
All session will be at 11am on a Monday morning.
13th Feb – Half Term
Single class booking option available
Subscribe to TeachingLive GrammarUse this form to purchase a subscription to TeachingLive Grammar
For every subscription we receive we plant one tree through OneTreePlanted.